The Most Important Stuff Ever

Saturday, February 05, 2005

The College Years

In my haste to be productive today, I was browsing through an old burned CD with pictures and some mp3s from back in the day when it was still legal to steal those kinds of things from the internet (aka, College).

Learning a song on the old guitar,
complete with Twizzler in mouth,
instead of doing work, no doubt.


People always talk about how music reminds you of a time or a place and that is why you like it. So quickly running down the list, here's some songs I found on that old CD and what they remind me of...

10,000 Maniacs- These are the Days: The a capella group that a bunch of my friends were in always sang this song at the last show of the year. Damn they could pack the place.
Ben Harper- Steal My Kisses: Um, well... what does Ben Harper remind you of?
Any Dar Williams Song: Doing homework at the Women's House, getting interrupted by the guitar or Trading Spaces and making Dip instead.
Destiny's Child- Say My Name: Pretending to be "hip hop" and dancing around the dorm room on chairs
Fatboy Slim- Rockafellar Skank: Long-time roommate Jill. I renamed the file to "Rockafellar Jill" in her honor.
Fisher- I Will Love You: I think this chick was a one hit wonder, but my dad told me that we have the same voice.
Guster- Bury Me: Planning Springfest.
James Taylor- Copperline: Joy's dad, who played the guitar for us when he came to visit.
John Denver- Leaving on a Jet Plane: Any trip, ever, to see the boy in Philly.
Joni Mitchell- Big Yellow Taxi: Any friend who ever played this at CoffeeHaus.
Any song by Phish, Black Eyed Peas or Ekoostik Hookah: The House of Peace & Justice and the associated smell.

Those were some good times, some sick times, and some times when I was really pretty drunk... may they live on forever here in my 'blog.

1 Comments:

  • Good to see your desk habits have not changed since college. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home