The Most Important Stuff Ever

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Attention Long Lost Friends:

I don't know what you're doing here, or how you got here, or who's profile you clicked on to get to mine, and most importantly, I don't know what you're doing readint this far, but apparently you are, so- you know... welcome. Or whatever.

To update you, first and most importantly, I'm taller since you saw me last. My hands are still small and my toes are still long (and if you didn't already know that, then I guess I just spilled the beans). I have grown richer and fuller in my sarcasm and dry sense of humor; it will drive you nuts if we meet unexpectedly on the street. I still appear to have some talent but it remains unharnessed as the first day you met me in 9th grade. I am in my quarter life crisis and don't care. I still eat cereal for breakfast, prefer Bud Light over fruity drinks, and sing along to my CDs. I still have my guitar, and if it's possible, I play it less and more poorly than I did when I started. I like reading and music and Washington D.C. I lived with my brother (that is, I paid his rent for him) for about a minute and now I live with a stranger that I met on craigslist. I watch House and Grey's Anatomy but not American Idol. I'm single (not really) and looking (but not really) so if you thought I was hot then, you should see me now. I like Ani (DiFranco) and Damien (Rice) and some others you don't know and I indulge in Shakira and Kelly Clarkson now and again. I work for The Man and it steals my soul some days, but I'm ok with it because I take advantage of it right back whenever I can. I'm still terrible at returning calls and emails, so please, take no offense if I've blown you off recently, and keep talking to me, because I do appreciate it. I'm less dorky, but do more grown up things like pay taxes and work late. I like funny people and love smart ones. My favorite food has regressed to pizza even though I live in a city with amazing restaurants. I didn't vote for Bush.

There you have it, I'm glad you came and I hope you get up the nerve to comment because yes, I will go out with you, just try me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home