The Most Important Stuff Ever

Sunday, May 08, 2005

More Dry Than Sandpaper in Sawdust

I swear, there really just isn't anything to say. I'm still looking for a job, and things are still happening here, and I finally told my mother that I'm leaving this state. She was quiet for a minute and then didn't say anything negative. (Maybe that's as positive as you can get in this situation.) It's damn near finals week and I'm just ready for about 9/10 of the population of this campus to freaking LEAVE already. This includes administrators and faculty. Get out of my house. I unloaded about 65 pounds of old clothing into the reuse bin today- I don't remember what's all in there, since I created that bag about six months ago, but I'm planning to drop another 20-30 pounds next weekend. I wish I could sell my old clothes for newer, more stylish ones. Ones that are appropriate to wear to work. DANG! Cost of living... Last night there were three dudes outside my door (where the pop machines are conveniently located) yelling and kicking some things. So I put on my glasses and squinted out into the hallway, "You guys need to quiet down." Then turned, and went back inside. On my way, I overheard one of them say "Yeah come on guys we just got done killing like 5 or 6 people, let's be quiet now." I should have turned around and said, "Maybe not, but you did wake me up and that's almost as bad," but I was tired and it was 2:30. Grey's Anatomy is a pretty good show, and I feel like it really rounds out my evening pretty well- it's a good follow up to the mindless (and frequently sexist) humor of Family Guy and American Dad, and don't forget the classic Simpsons. They're doing some GD construction over the summer here and it's going to knock out cable for 3-4 weeks. I am devastated.
Ok, I guess there were a few things to write about, but honestly, you're not missing anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home