The Most Important Stuff Ever

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Bracelet Will Be Pin-Striped

I have five unrelated things to talk about here today:

  1. Other people's 'blogs are more interesting than mine. This week alone, ck has talked about plastic surgery, seibu has talked about Pat Buchanan's run in with some dressing and a weird 911 call, and LJo has written about meal worms. WTF people?? When will I get to the good stuff???
  2. The Pope is dead and those pictures of him creep me out. Someone pointed out to me that this isn't really that different than a wake where they have the body available for the friends and family to view. And? I also think this practice is weird. I feel no better.
  3. I recently discovered this thing called the College Facebook. Apparently you can go there and put your picture up and write about your interests, such as illegally keeping a rabbit in your dorm room. The concept frightens me greatly, not only because it's perfect for stalking someone (you can find out what building they live in on campus!) but also because of all the evil I can use it for against my students. Someone please warn them, it just isn't fair that I must have you busted in this way...
  4. Corn hole. I played this a couple of years ago with my dad's family in Cincinatti. At the time I thought it was kind of stupid- really the kind of thing that gets old after one or two quick rounds. Apparently it has made it up to north east ohio and people are playing it as a drinking game (because, really, what can't you make into a drinking game?) which makes it potential for fun slightly more intriguing. (Needless to say, and rather embarassingly, we weren't drinking when we played it.) Unfortunately open containers aren't legal in Wooster. Stop playing the corn game before you're too intoxicated to actually miss each other's crotches with the bean bag.
  5. Peter Jennings has lung cancer. This can only mean one thing- more cancer exploitation (I mean awareness, right?) and a possible rubber bracelet. Save the journalists, I guess. I hope it isn't because he smokes (and I truly do hope he can get better).

1 Comments:

  • tee hee...pin-stripe rubber bracelet. good one.

    By Blogger ck, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home