The Most Important Stuff Ever

Sunday, April 10, 2005

If It Weren't For the Internet, I'd Have No Place to Brainstorm

The way I look at it, I have two options, A and B, where A equals most enticing and B equals a little bit enticing. If you add the two together, we get C, which, in and of itself (all commas aside) is probably impossible to get to in the first place. Then again, you could multiply or subtract A and B and get an entirely different result all togehter, thus causing more trauma and I threw that book out the window a while ago.

But let me begin from the beginning... which is where you begin... after all...
Things We Know (an annotated/linked list)
  1. Ohio is getting old
  2. Therefore, moving is certainly an option
  3. I have no real career interests, currently
  4. But, I no longer wish to be involved with student affairs
  5. But I still like working with students
  6. My career, for the next 5-7 years at least, is not going to be what makes me happy (no comments or link here, just take it as truth)
  7. It's probably the people that I'm with who will do that (obviously)
  8. I have no real skills like numchucks or magic
  9. I can be nice on the phone and organize events, I'm also familiar with developmental psychology
  10. Mom and Dad will be sad if I leave
  11. According to Fox News, smoking during pregnancy could possibly have affects for two generations. Fucking mom.

That Being Said, Here's The Question:
What am I going to do next? (You have three months to tell me exactly, secure housing, and send me on my way. Ready... begin!)

The way I look at it, I have two options, A and B. (sound familiar?)
Where A equals move out of the state and to a place that I'm interested in, potentially with people I love, and worry about the work later, since it's only good for buying food and paying rent anyway.
And B equals find a job that could be interesting and/or lead to bigger and better things (think, career advancement) but could possibly not include much of a relocation.
Again, A is most enticing and B is a little bit enticing. Somehow combining them (and I used math before, but we all know I have no business playing around with that) could make for a very interesting result, no matter how unlikely.

Looking back at number 6 on our list, we see that this guides the answer most directly. Perhaps, it is also the most telling of the eleven. Anyway, beginning with number six and moving forward, we see that not caring about our job, relocation and people are the top three most important things (in no particular order) related to this decision. In which case, it's obvious what I should do.

Continue to sit around and wait and see if I get lucky...
Any and all comments are welcome...

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you are at a crossroads.

    Here is my thought:

    No one your age will enjoy their career for the next 5-7 years unless they are in the highest level position they aspire to ever be (for instance nurse, police, fireman). These are skill jobs but the individuals who have them will be in these same jobs for years and years until they retire.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

  • Sounds like you are at a crossroads.

    Here is my thought:

    No one your age will enjoy their career for the next 5-7 years unless they are in the highest level position they aspire to ever be (for instance nurse, police, fireman). These are skill jobs but the individuals who have them will be in these same jobs for years and years until they retire.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

  • I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home