The Most Important Stuff Ever

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Is It Some Sort of Holiday Or Something?

...cause we don't have to go into work tomorrow.

So last night was interesting. Normally I don't do much for new years eve and for the past few years I have spent it with a bag of Doritos and a bottle of yellow tail merlot. Mmm mmm mmm! Fortunately, this year, I am visiting my friend A-Hizzle-Hizzle in Denver. Denver is a very awesome place and one day, when I feel like driving myself around, I will live there. That's a promise most likely. Anyway, I have gotten to meet all the interesting people she has always talked about in her family, and her best friend since high school and some other interesting characters.

Last night was one of those encounters you have with a friend of a friend and all of their other weird friends, in which you feel completely out of place and yet more like the normal one than anyone else in the room. Does that make any sense, coming from me? Anyway, it was very interesting- we went to a house party in some area of- maybe- Denver, you know, one of those neighborhoods I keep hearing about. We took a cab, which was expensive, but I'm currently rich, so it didn't matter, and when we arrived almost no one was there and we weren't drunk. We made some changes to that quickly, and after taking a tour of their very un-furnished home we began to climb around on furnture. I was introduced to some local beer which wasn't skunked, despite how it tasted, and for the rest of the night I stuck with Budweiser, you know, just to be safe. There was dancing, and I assume there were people (ok, it was me and Hizzle) dancing on coffee tables. The people there were very interesting, and the highlight of the night was definitely one weird poindexter of a dude who was wearing a 1980s era day glow one piece wind suit. Henceforth, he would be known as Onesy and I am sure I embarassed him and myself by continuing to use the terminology to an obnoxious end.

Despite Hizzle's weird orbit of friends, it was really fun, and today, I have never felt more tired and unable to fall back asleep. Her mom made us some breakfast and we have been fighting the need to puke/pass out/eat everything in sight by watching the second season of Alias on DVD. Most important lesson of the year: Altitude does affect your ability to consume alcohol as usual, despite protective onesies.


p.s. None of this really happened last night. Looking back, I noticed that I never wrote about this when it actually happened, which was in 2005. Next year, I will illustrate all the details of 2006, providing I can still remember them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home