The Most Important Stuff Ever

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Paying for Stamps will Never Be the Same

About a month ago, I was deep in the midst of a hard-core addiction. I suffer from these episodes occasionally and only recently just noticed I am back off the wagon again. I'm not ready to talk about the new drug yet, but I feel that talking about the last time will help me to get through this one and on to different stuff.

I am addicted to albums. Not like the vinyl kind, although if I had more money and a better job and extra time on my hands, I might consider buying a record player and re-doing my music collection in vinyl. No, I'm addicted to new artists, or at least the artists that are new to me.

A few months ago (ok, it was a long addiction that started some time in January and I am only just recently able to tear myself away) it was the Postal Service and their album Give Up. Now the gentlemen from Postal Service may be familiar to some- they are, as it turns out, the very same gentlemen who front and play in Death Cab for Cutie (which also has addictive potential). Their songs make me feel all goofy and tingly and numb in my arms and they are very good for getting ready: whether it's for work or for going to watch the Brown's at BW3s. I like them. And if my very accurate and descriptive explanation of my addiction wasn't enough, you could always look at these motha fuckin' lyrics:
I am thinking it's a sign/that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images/and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned.

Yeah.
The Postal Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home