The Most Important Stuff Ever

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Underground, The Subway, The Metro

Things That Happened There:

  • I sat next to a Monk.
  • Some girl told some sweaty dude that her friend almost got arrested by the transit police for eating a cracker on the train.
  • My farecard was destroyed by the Metro Gods with more than 6 bucks left on it. They’ll send me my money back in 4-6 weeks.
  • I went up the wrong escalator.
  • I went down the wrong escalator.
  • I waited at the wrong platform at Metro Center.
  • I waited, by myself, in the semi-dark at St. George’s Plaza.
  • I got my suitcase stuck in the turnstile at Union Station.
  • A business man picked his nose.
  • A child repeatedly asked his mother if she farted. (She did not.)
  • I sat next to a T who asked me if the train normally stopped between stations. Yes, this is the red line.
  • My iPod ran out of batteries.
  • I managed to get on at Farragut West instead of Farragut North.
  • I bought a Smart Trip card, which makes you feel totally cool and totally local.

Also, I am paranoid that because of the steep incline of many of the escalators, that people are looking up my skirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home