The Most Important Stuff Ever

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We Love to Write and it Shows

Oh god, did I used to write things here?

It's been insanity. Pure insanity. To catch you up, I'll make you a list, because I do my best story telling that way...

  1. My last day of work was last Thursday. It was so bitchin. One office took me out to lunch and the other took my computer away so they could get it ready for the next person. The last day of work rocks. The day after the last day is even better when you know everyone else has put on their khakis and gone into the office for the day and you are sitting in front of channel 36 with no bra on watching Dawson's Creek and IMing all of them about how great it was to sleep past 9:00.
  2. I proceeded to do what I like to refer to as "dick around" for the next four days. During this time I packed one box and made five to do lists.
  3. On July 3, I watched my fourth and final version of the Wooster City fireworks from Kate's backyard. We drank Labatt's and tried to talk her 9 month old into falling asleep. He has since learned to crawl, and I attribute that mostly to everything his Auntie Megan has taught him.
  4. On July 4, I spent the day being in Ohio. By this I mean that I attended the 4th of July Fireman's parade in OrrVegas, Ohio. OrrVegas is about 15 minutes out from Wooster, in what direction, I don't know or care, all I can tell you is that they have more corn there than they do here. I shot about half a roll of film on things like clowns on motorcycles; hooched up little babies who claimed to be Lil' Miss Firecracker or Lil' Miss First Runner Up or Lil' Miss Gonna Have an Eating Disorder; the two little bitches across the street who could only shriek the word "candy" when the paradees walked by; and my very favorite, the tractor section, which was funny because they weren't tractors (since Orrville really has no true farms to speak of) but souped up lawnmowers with sweepers or blowers attached to the front. It was about 113 degrees out and part of my ass melted off, which in my case, is bad.
  5. My friends went on an office retreat for the past two days, and so I was finally left in peace to pack my things. Right.
  6. Today I fly out of Cleveland at 8:30pm. You may be saying to yourself, "But this post is dated 9:02, wtf?" Fortunately, you're reading the 'blog of the most retarded person on the face of the planet. I misread my itinerary (dumb bitch) and looked at the arrival time instead of the departure time. Fortunately, the lady at the counter was in a good mood and I was flying Q class (yeah, I don't know either) so they gave me an even trade for tomorrow at 10:30am. That's depart at 10:30 and arrive at 11:45. Numb nuts.
  7. Needless to say, I'm not finishing the packing that I didn't get done (they're letting me leave some of my stuff here so I can come get it later) but writing on this thing because I feel guilty for leaving you all high and dry.
Good list. I promise to write more when I have a topic that's worth sharing. The big city and no job should provide for a lot of time for that kind of thing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home