The Most Important Stuff Ever

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Since You Been Gone

Screw you February, you stupid short, cold month. You were gone before you were even here anyway and now, when I leave work, it's starting to be so that it's still a little bit light out.

What a rough day it's been. The woman who I once replaced until she came back from maternity leave has returned from... maternity... leave. Everyone has been under great trepidation awaiting her return and "what will Megan do when she gets back." It's like everyone thinks it's just a matter of time before I flip out at her failure at life and they're just standing by trying to get a good seat for the action. The truth is, I don't care what this woman does. There's a good chance she'll wait for her bonus in March and then give her two weeks and be off. If that's what she wants, fine, I'll be the new senior assistant. If she stays, fine, I get to work with someone who probably knows more about what they are doing than any other dumb temp we bring in. What irritates me about the situation is not knowing either way. I've worked my ass off carrying the bulk of the adinistrative weight for the past several months while she's been gone, and now that she's back, I'd like to turn over half of it. As soon as possible. I'm tired.

So we went out for a beer (4) tonight after work, bitched about Scoops for a while. I'm going to take care of P's tiny ridiculous dog while she goes to CA for orientation. We met A for lunch today and she's dating someone that sounds very awesome for her. Big meeting in the morning, should go to bed and stop thinking. Thanks, FEB for V-day and President's day; not much else to say about you, is there, except that you were in my life.

1 Comments:

  • what about punxsutawney????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home