The Most Important Stuff Ever

Sunday, March 26, 2006

My Failure in Futility

I suppose that is a contradiction in terms. Something that is futile is presupposed to be a failure, therefore, my exercise was quite successful. It's either that or I'm such a loser, I fail at failing. Either way, my experiment in documenting my daily life on a... daily... basis didn't prove successful. My thought was, that by forcing myself to write about the apparently mundane (what happens to me every day) I would either 1. be forced to write something completely lame thus allowing me to see what it is about my writing that makes it (sometimes) interesting OR 2. I would be forced to make the mundane parts more purty with good writin'. The essence of writing, after all, according to me, is telling a story about life (which is typically pretty lame and boring anyway) in a way that is interesting. Good thought, if only I had been more dilligent, right? Such is life.

It's not that you missed much either.

  • The FDA-approved label change came out on Friday and caused me and J to miss our free lunch at Rasika, which I was really looking forward to because good Indian food is... good.
  • Somebody from work punched somebody at the The Cult concert on Friday and we apparently got kicked out. That's ok, it made the next morning more interesting to talk about what happened the night before.
  • I was ridiculously drunk.
  • I did my taxes and I owe fucking Ohio 236 damn dollars. The good news is the government owes me 625. Bitches.
  • I'm still doing terribly at the book club book. I've resigned myself to skipping to "the good part" in order to catch up with everyone. Argh.
  • Got a wedding to go to in a few weeks. Weddings are lame and this one is on a freaking SUNDAY (who does that). Good news is, I haven't seen my friend, the bride, in a really long time and it will be good to see her and all my other friends who are going. I just gotta get my G-D act together and buy a gift and a dress and determine if it is worthwhile to ride back with my friend on Monday or buy a ticket home for Sunday night.
  • I still want a puppy, but I realized that if I want to take that online class this summer I'll have to save the money. I knew I could come up with a good reason not to get a dog just yet.
  • I've seen "The Syrian Bride," "Tsotsi" and "Thank You for Smoking" in the past two weeks and I would say that over all, not going to see the big movies, is way, WAY better than I had ever hoped it would be. I'm becoming addicted to seeing really good movies. Good habit.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home