The Most Important Stuff Ever

Sunday, July 24, 2005

I Suppose You're Wondering

This is one of those posts where I address my readership directly, litter them with details (or "dets" as Beth would say), and in turn, send them away bored. Deal with it.

OK, I'm here, as you may be able to tell from the last two posts (which I saved on my not-connected-to-the-internet computer until last night), and there is an apartment in the picture. If I hadn't already sent about a million text and picture messages this month, I would show you a picture of my new living room with the massive windows and neutral carpet. I live in Silver Spring, Maryland (remember?) next to the Giant Foods and CVS. A block over is Einstein's bagels and, my dream place of employment, Starbucks. (I don't know if they're hiring, and I still don't like coffee.) We have a pool and our utilities are included in the rent. Who is we? My brother, darling that he is, and provided his probation officer allows him (I'm not kidding), is moving in at the end of the month, because apparently that's as soon as he can get here. I envision myself paying more than half the rent...
Also coming up is my trip back to Wooster to get my stuff. I'm flying out of Reagan this time, the 10 extra bucks is worth it since I can take the train all the way there. I'm getting back on Wed., packing the rest of my crap, hanging out with people (social interaction!!) , and then driving back. We are having a major caravan with about 4-5 people. I hope they understand that I have no furniture or places to sleep.
It's fun to be able to independently travel around an area without having to rely on a generous friend to drive you. The Metro is a great thing, and i forsee it tapping into my budget a lot more than I thought it would. It's just too nice to be able to take a train to Old Navy/Best Buy/the National Cathedral to go and do something. It's wonderful. I wish I had someone to do it with.
Overall, the big city is being good to me. A couple of major things on the to-do list (find friends, get a job, etc.) and life will be peachy.
Or cherry blossom-y.

1 Comments:

  • i was thrilled.
    the updates did it for me.

    man, do i ever miss DC reading your notes.

    Let me ask you -- The Red Line, with Harry Potter just coming out -- have you seen them read in ridiculous positions?! I hope so.

    Shady Grove -- was that my stop? if so, it was a scam. No Shade. No Grove. and aren't the escalators ridiculous? i felt like i was descending into hell it took so long. but i miss it - oh how i miss it.

    **editor's note: upon further inspection, it appears that Tenleytown, USA was my stop. Shady Grove was the direction i went home from work at Metro Center. How cool was i/are you currently?
    Too cool. too. cool.

    By Blogger Class of 2000 officers, at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home